Molecular formula: LiOH * H2O
International name: Lithium hydroxide
Synonyms: Lithium hydroxide-1-hydrate, Lithium hydroxide monohydrate, Lithium hydroxide
CAS Nr.: CAS 1310-65-2, CAS 1310-66-3 (monohydrate)
Appearance: white crystallized powder
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated place.
Lithium hydroxide LiOH * H2O is used:
- for the manufacture of battery electrolytes;
- in lubricants with high mechanical strength at high temperature changes (from - 60 ° C to 160 ° C);
- in chemical industry as a basic material for the manufacture of Li-compounds, especially oleates, stearates and palmitates;
- as air cleaners and air-conditioning, as CO2-absorbers in respiratory protection devices, on submarines, airplanes and space ships;
- in the glass and ceramics industry;
- in radio technology, etc.